Que(e)ry’s coming to ALA Annual in Washington D.C.!
Sunday, June 23, 2019
Number Nine, 1435 P Street NW, 20005
Join us at Number Nine in the upstairs video bar (aka "9½")! Hurry over from the GLBTRT Social to catch 2-for-1 happy hour until 9pm!
With music by #DJZibaZ and performances by our reigning Mx. Queery Bambi Galore, and Billy Bibliographic Control!
Accessibility notes: the upstairs space is accessible by stairs only and has a capacity of 100; Number Nine is 21+ and does not have a dress code; gender neutral restrooms available.
Also check out these other events during ALA:
Friday, June 21:
- 7-8:30pm: Stonewall 50: A Panel Discussion on LGBTQ+ Research (Library of Congress, James Madison Building)
Saturday, June 22:
- 1-1:50pm: Queerness in Comics
- 1-2:30: Telling Stories, Expanding Boundaries: Drag Queen Storytimes in Libraries
- 4-6 pm: Intersectionality and the Experience of LGBTQ+ Folks
- 7-10pm: Big Freedia and Karamo Brown (National Museum of African American History and Culture)
Sunday, June 23:
- 9-10am: Unlike others: Developing an online face for a lesbian pulp fiction collection through the lens of social justice
- 2:30-3:30pm: GLBTRT 101
- 4-5pm: LGBTQ+ Creators and Characters in Kids, Tween, and Teen Comics
- 6-8pm: GLBT Round Table Social (Green Lantern)
- 8pm-Midnight: QUE(E)RY! (Number Nine)
Monday, June 24:
- 9-10am: Beyond Collection Development: Creating Queer-Inclusive Elementary School Library Programming
- 1-3pm: Stonewall Book Awards
... and these other local resources:
- Library of Congress Pride Month Events
- D.C. Dykaries: A Lesbian/Sapphic Spaces Oral History Project
- D.C. LGBT Center
- LGBT Collections and Resources at Library of Congress
- Rainbow History Project
- Latino GLBT History Project Archival Collection
- Washington Blade Digital Archives (DC Public Library)
- Whitman-Walker Health Oral History Project (DC Public Library)
ALA's List of Diversely Owned Businesses in DC